Latest Advancements in Medicine: Innovative Treatments
Head to Toe Healthcare, PLC is the ultimate and perfect destination for people looking for innovative treatment options that can help in treating various problems and injuries in the body. These innovative treatments are prepared by following all the latest technologies in medicine and science. PLC offers outstanding care to its patients. Some of the innovative treatments which are offered by PLC are mentioned below:
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy – The Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy is extremely promising and effective for the treatment of injuries. This therapy is gaining a lot of popularity in the area of sports medicine with some renowned athletes, such as Tiger Woods and Rafael Nadal undergoing this therapy successfully. At times of injury, a natural healing process takes place in the body, which helps in repairing the damaged tissues. The blood components receive signs from the body so that they can move to the place of injury and help in accelerating the healing process by producing various growth factors. In modern times, the growth factors can reach the place of injury through an injection. By using the Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP) therapy, the patient’s bloodis used to speed up the recovery process. This therapy is perfect for treating conditions, such as, chronic tendon injuries, knee arthritis, ligament and muscle injuries and fractures.
- AmnioMatrix – This is an anti-inflammatory injection, which is obtained from the amniotic fluid and its membrane. This injection does not contain any steroids. This treatment is considered to be extremely effective for treating injuries related to the Achilles tendon, ankle and foot joints for arthritis, and various soft tissue injuries of the legs and feet. Just one treatment can result in the reduction of pain and inflammation caused due to the injuries. Even though this injection is a modern advancement in the field of medicine, the amniotic fluid has been used since long before for dressing injuries.
- Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT) – Since the 1990s, the Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT) has been used for treating musculoskeletal disorders in Europe. This therapy is inspired from the process of lithotripsy, which means the breaking up of renal stones using sound waves. The therapy has shown an 82 percent success rate, according to a recent study conducted. The therapy does not require much time and the patients can be normal again within a few days.
- Radiofrequency Nerve Ablation (RFNA) – This therapy has been extremely popular among the Interventional Pain Physicians, who have used this therapy for performingvarious spinal and peripheral nerve ablationsfor patients suffering from chronic pain. According to some research data, this therapy has been effective for treating Morton’s Neuroma and Plantar Fasciitis. This therapy makes use of radiofrequency energy to disrupt the function of the nerves. This therapy, when applied to a peripheral nerve, helps in stopping the transmitting of pain from the site.
- Cellulite & Acoustic Wave Therapy (AWT) – This therapy is one of the latest advancements in the field of medicine. This therapy makes use of pressure waves which helps in reducingthe cellulite by moving the connective tissues under the skin using acoustic pulses that pass through the skin and fat to release the cells causing cellulite. The acoustic wave process helps in increasing the production of collagen, which results in making your skin smooth and soft.
One can opt for these innovative treatments to treat several fatal disorders as mentioned above.